ZPX/Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile VFX Artist to join its team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles as well as a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment.
The VFX Artist will have experience with VFX creating and editing and will have both a strong creative and technical background. This VFX Artist will be able to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving, and will be able to partner with multiple disciplines to meet project specific needs.
- Work closely together with the artists and designers to create, implement and polish VFX for environments and characters.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the games mechanics so the VFX are cohesive with the world.
- Develop in engine/game VFXs within Unreal.
- Understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 3+ Years of Game Development VFX Artist Experience.
- Portfolio showcasing recent game VFX work.
- Able to create a wide range of VFX.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine 4 particle pipeline (Niagara VFX System preferred)
- Experience with Houdini.
- Creatively solve issues while maintain performance.
- To take direction from the animation director and art director, and to deliver consistently on time.
- Games industry experience with at least one AAA game credit.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprints.
- Knowledgeable with Unreal Shaders.
- Experience with Maya or 3dsMax, After Effects, Photoshop or Substance Designer.
- Experience with scripting.
- Experience playing Survival and Open-world games.
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal.
- Authorization to work in Europe
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Please apply in English.
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.