ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Senior Game Designer to join its Designer team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles as well as a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment.
As a Senior Gameplay Designer at ZPX, your job will be to turn visions and ideas into playable events. You will collaborate with the Designers and Environment Artists to build engaging play spaces and translate a feature design into a fleshed-out system design with clear iterations. You will also be prototyping certain features and mechanics in Blueprints before this is handed off to Programmers for final implementation. Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 5+ years of experience as a game designer
- 3+ years higher education and preferably technical focus
- Preferably, experience working in survival games and/or openworld games
- Experience with designing third-person/ first-person/ unconventional shooters, and/ or experience designing for vehicular shooters
- Extensive experience playing survival in multiple titles
- Strong sense of level design, scale, pacing, and gameplay flow
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, well-structured and concise designs
- Ability to transform concepts and gameplay goals into system and feature design
- Ability to systematically iterate and validate the gameplay experience
- At least 1 shipped AAA title as a designer
- General understanding of game engines, technology and the game development process
- Extensive experience with Gameplay Scripting, preferably UE4 Blueprints
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal.
- Authorization to work in Europe
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Please apply in English.
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.