ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Technical Artist to join its team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles as well as a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment.
This position requires leveraging multiple artistic, creative and technical solutions, to support game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams based on your knowledge of the latest industry trends to elevate the quality of our latest development processes.
As a Technical Artist you will be working closely with the Technical Director and the Art Director, but also acting as a bridge between to develop solutions and tools between the technical and art teams. You will be heavily involved in developing the art pipeline as well as researching, documenting and implementing solutions to maintain performance and increase the efficiency of the project.
- 2+ years working in a similar role, with at least one shipped title
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot problems and develop appropriate solutions
- Excellent knowledge of real time rendering techniques and PBR material workflows
- Expert knowledge of various industry standard DCC software packages, including 3Ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Suite, Houdini etc
- Demonstrated experience identifying and driving performance goals and optimisations for open world development on consoles and PCs
- Strong communication skills and drive to deliver consistently on time, acting as a bridge and balancing the needs between Game Design, Art and Programming
- A drive for documenting various tools and workflows
- A portfolio that demonstrates the key areas listed above, with examples
- Working knowledge of 3d/vector math
- Extensive production experience with UE4 in a wide variety of areas
- High levels of aesthetic attention to detail
- Working knowledge of a scripting language a bonus (Python, C++, MAXScript, MEL etc)
- Some experience working with procedural pipeline (Houdini) techniques a bonus
- Ability to rapidly prototype and ability to investigate other options and ideas
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Authorization to work in Europe.
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings.
Please apply in English. Remember to attach your resume and cover letter.