ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Engineer Director to join its team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles as well as an unannounced Dune survival game and other Funcom games.
As Engineer Director you will be responsible for driving forwards a talented and enthusiastic team of engineers. You will design solutions, coach new team members and guarantee the quality of the work being delivered.
- Responsible for the underlying architecture for the game or backend systems.
- Oversee the quality of the work being done by any other developers working on the project.
- Be sure that the best practices, development processes, and coding standards are followed by all team members.
- Act as a mentor for new or junior software developers or programmers, as well as for all the members on the development team.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture and software patterns.
- Large experience with C++.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games.
- Prior experience in managing teams of programmers.
- Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies, including SCRUM and KANBAN.
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Authorization to work in Europe.
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings.
Please apply in English. Remember to attach your resume and cover letter.