ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Tools Programmer to join its tech code team in Lisbon, working on a variety of titles, such as Mutant Year Zero and Conan Exiles as well as other future Funcom internal and published projects including Dune, Conan and several other popular IPs.
This is a position where the right candidate will have the chance to work end to end in exciting projects and new tools to facilitate development of our in-house games. As a Tools Programmer at ZPX, you will use your experience to improve both the quality and robustness of the code, as well as improve the end user experiences.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Integrations with 3rd party systems such as, voice chat, twitch, mixer, discord presence, etc.
- Design and develop backend technology for AWS, Microsoft Azure or other cloud platforms.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- Good knowledge of C++ and Python
- Desire and ability to write clear documentation for the end users
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture and software patterns.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- 3+ years of professional experience in game development.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Experience in relational databases (such as PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM or KANBAN)
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal.
- Authorization to work in Europe.
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings.
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.