ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Frontend Web Programmer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming and join our tech code team in Lisbon, working on a variety of titles, such as Mutant Year Zero and Conan Exiles as well as other future Funcom internal and published projects including Dune, Conan and several other popular IPs.
Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Experience in user interface design and development, understanding the workflows and needs of both technical and non technical users
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Make projects come alive through interactive elements like SVG and JS/CSS animations.
- Integrate with back-end systems to create rich, data-driven web applications.
- Desire and ability to write clear documentation for the end users
- Collaborate with other team members
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- 2+ years experience working as a Front End Developer or equivalent experience.
- A degree in Web Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Experience in web frameworks like React, AngularJs or Vue
- Experience with Gulp or Grunt, NPM
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM or KANBAN)
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal.
- Authorization to work in Europe
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Please apply in English.
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.