ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Backend Web Programmer to join its tech code team in Lisbon, working on a variety of titles, such as Mutant Year Zero and Conan Exiles as well as other future Funcom internal and published projects including Dune, Conan and several other popular IPs.
You will have to design and implement backend technology to be used by multiple products and implement integrations with 3rd party systems for a compelling experience for our players.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Design and develop backend technology for AWS, Microsoft Azure or other cloud platforms.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- Good knowledge in Python and web front end development
- Good knowledge in relational databases (such as PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of micro-services architecture.
- Knowledge of software architecture and software patterns.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- NodeJS and Typescript skills.
- Kubernetes, docker and devops skills.
- Experience in C++ or C#.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Working knowledge with AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM or KANBAN)
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal.
- Authorization to work in Europe.
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings.
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.