ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Lead Artist to join its development team in Lisboa, Portugal.
As Lead Artist you will be working closely with the Art Director and Producer to establish the vision and define the look and feel of several new unannounced Dune, Conan and other games. You will also work closely with the team’s designers and artists to provide visual solutions to design challenges and create finished assets.
The Lead Artist will manage a team of artists and should wear many hats on a small, agile team on a variety of titles, such as Mutant Year Zero and Conan Exiles as well as other future Funcom internal and published.
- Collaborate with Producers, Leads, and other managers to assemble and manage a quality art team
- Hands-on art development.
- Track and approve completed art assets.
- Responsible for leading, mentoring and developing the art team to create high-quality, optimized visuals and deliver a successful project on time
- Assist the Producer and the Leads in the creation and overall management of the art schedule and resource plans
- Help establish the visual identity for multiple projects.
- Support Leads and Producer to keep studio executive staff and/or marketing staff up to speed on product status and vision through the preparation and presentation of appropriate project materials (e.g., milestone updates, demos, etc.).
- Mentor and serve as a resource for the team.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- Worked on a minimum of 2 shipped titles as a Senior/Lead demonstrating a high visual bar for quality
- At least 5 years prior game industry experience
- 2+ Years of experience as a Lead or a senior with mentoring
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-oriented attitude
- Understands game production design process and methodology.
- Ability to balance impacts of deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements of a title's art direction.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems efficiently.
- Ability to maintain and hit deadlines in situations of intense schedules.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Formal art education/qualification, with a foundation in traditional and digital art creation
- Working knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya/Zbrush
- Understanding of PBR workflow and or Substance Designer/Painter
- Good level of demonstrable Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Console game experience with preferable optimization knowledge
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, the company’s values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values:
- Challenging and interesting work
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance
- Transportation Allowance
- Discounts in Gyms and Stores
- Social events and gatherings
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.