The Console Programmer will work directly with team members on a multitude of high profile titles, such as Mutant Year Zero and Conan Exiles and other future Funcom internal and published projects to implement high level console specific features for a compelling experience for our players.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop console support for Xbox Requirements (achievements, controller schemes, UI tweaks, user/profile management, permissions and privileges checks, etc.).
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Professional experience working with consoles.
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM or KANBAN)
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.