As a Technical Animator you will be working closely with the animators, designers and programmers to define, design and implement animation systems, animations and character state systems in Unreal 4. You will support the animation pipeline, as well as rigging and skinning characters.
- Design and implementation of animations systems, character state systems and how they talk with each other
- Closely work with designers finding ways to define/design combat systems and how animations interact with them
- Work directly with the programming team to achieve a better character state system that will support animations and combat requirements
- Analyze improve and design for the animation/model pipelines
- Work with character artists and animators helping skinning and rigging of characters
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve animation related technical challenges
- Give input and guidance to animators, designers and programmers to achieve an excellent animation system that can support our game
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- 3+ years of Animation; preferable within the video game development industry
- Solid and recent experience as a technical animator, gameplay animator, or animation programmer
- Proven expertise with 3dsMax, Maya, or equivalent animation software
- Experience with animation state machines and blend systems
- Team driven, able to share and take work and information from peers
- To be able to talk with animators, programmers and designers
- Able to adapt to new technologies and technical challenges
- Scripting knowledge
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- Experience rigging and skinning characters.
- Experience in Unreal 4.
- Competence in C++.
- Experience with motion capture animation.
- Experience with playing FPS or other online games
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.