The Gameplay Programmer will work directly with team members on a multitude of high profile titles, such as Mutant Year Zero and Conan Exiles and other future Funcom internal and published projects to implement game features and systems within the Unreal game engine for a compelling experience for our players.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Collaborate with animators and designers to implement game play features.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development.
- Experience working with consoles.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM or KANBAN)
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.