The Character Artist will be responsible for character development, creation and production. While working with the Art Director, Lead Artist and a Concept Artist you will help create the game's visual style and direction after concept. The Character Artist will be an important part of the creative team and will define and contribute significantly to the artistic style of the projects/games character creation.
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets.
- Create textures that are stylized, hand painted techniques with next-gen materials.
- Collaborate with design, animation, and visual effects departments to the meet the highest visual quality and gameplay standards.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with game designers, producers and the entire art departments.
- Contribute your exceptional understanding of form, anatomy, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling to the team.
- Bring an excellent work ethic, self-motivation, and spirit that welcomes constructive feedback.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- At least 1+ years of working experience in gaming as a Character Artist or Modeler with credit on at least one shipped title.
- A BFA, art degree, or equivalent experience as a 3D Artist.
- Solid knowledge of current and emerging character and rigging pipelines.
- Focus on creating both hard surfaced or organic characters and creatures.
- Experience with of Maya or equivalent, Zbrush and Photoshop (or equivalent).
- Ability to follow and adapt to stylistic guidelines set by the Lead or Art Director.
- Strong organizational and file management skills.
- A great portfolio of work.
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.