ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Animator to join its art team in Lisbon, working on a variety of titles, such as Mutant Year Zero and Conan Exiles as well as other future Funcom internal and published projects including Dune, Conan and several other popular IPs.
Our Animator will work closely together with the other animators and designers to create, implement and polish character combat and movement animations.
- Creating Animations for live games and new unannounced games.
- Rigging/skinning characters, monsters, and props in 3dsMax.
- Implementing in-game assets using proprietary tools as well as 3rd party pipelines such as Unreal.
- Analyze improve and design for the animation/model pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and wrangle character-rigging issues for artists within various disciplines.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Develops tools and plug-ins to optimize animation and rigging workflow.
- Work as a uniform team with effects artists, character artists, art director and programmers.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 2+ years of Animation; preferable within the video game development industry.
- Proven expertise with 3dsMax or Maya.
- Strong IK/FK animation skills.
- Experience with non-biped skinning/rigging.
- The ability to work in a team setting.
- The ability to take direction from the art director and to deliver consistently on time.
- Proactive, independent and self-driven.
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- Experience with Unreal 4 game engine.
- Experience with playing FPS or other online games.
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Authorization to work in Europe.
- Flexible and challenging work environment.
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Please apply in English. Remember to attach your resume and cover letter.